GDPR and Privacy
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
Please read the practice privacy notices carefully, as they contains important information about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect on your behalf
How we use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function.
Please click on the link below to view more details on changes regarding data usage during the current pandemic.
Your Practice and the GDPR
The Portchester Practice has ensured that it meets its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force on 25th May 2018, and in particular how the surgery processes personal data, including sensitive health records.
You can find out more about the GDPR here:
You can view our detailed privacy notices above
- Our Data Protection Impact Assessment is here
- Our Right to Object policy is here
- Our Right of Access (SAR) policy is here
- Our Personal Data Breach policy is here
- Our Data Protection Policy is here
- Our General Data Protection policy is here
- Our Freedon of Information policy is here
We ensure that patients of The Portchester Practice are made aware of their rights under the new legislation and that the surgery meets its responsibilities under the GDPR.
The Portchester Practice places privacy and data protection at the heart of all its processing.
You have the right to both:
- Opt out of any of the data sharing schemes
- Opt back into any of the data sharing schemes
(that you may have already opted out of)
Do you know what information you have agreed to share about your health and how this may impact the information available to other health and care professionals if they are treating you somewhere other than your GP Practice? More information is provided here
Your Practice and Primary Care Network
In the Fareham & Portchester area GPs Practices, Centre practice, Gudge Heath Lane Surgery, Portchester Medical Practice & Westlands Medical Centre, are working together to improve the care patients recieve. To provide effective and timely care this will mean some patient information will need to be shared between the practices of the primary care network.